Thursday, June 6, 2013

A letter to Julie

Recently, I wrote an email to @Julie Voris, my fitness guru and BeachBody coach.  She asked me to share it with our Accountability group, so I'm posting it here for reading pleasures! 

Julie,

Couldn't make it to Turbo today. (I've got a laundry list about a mile long for the day and had a tooth BREAK overnight, so I have to go to the dentist on top of it all! Yuck!) But, I will be in PiYo tomorrow (given no more catastrophes!)  So if you have time, I will try to catch you before or after class to discuss Super Saturday! :) 

Small victory:  I bought a bikini in March when I started working out and got it in the mail - MAJOR muffin tops. I felt super gross and almost returned it. But instead, I tucked it away in my dresser with the receipt, got myself to the gym 5-6 days a week consistently, tried almost every class they offered, watched my diet and it tried it on yesterday - IT FITS with NO MUFFIN TOP!!! So, THANK YOU for helping me on my journey!!! You were SUCH a BIG part of that small success!! I can honestly say I am in the BEST shape I've EVER been in and it feels great - there was no drill sgt yelling at me this time, there was no one saying "you need to go", there WAS a snooze button and a million excuses, and I wasn't BIG by any means, so the results are harder to see, which was a little frustrating for a while. But, I'm FINALLY seeing them in my performance, the way clothes fit, and every now and then I'll catch a glimpse in the mirror and it surprises me. And it is SO rewarding. It just makes me want to keep going and try harder because I'm finally seeing that my work is getting me somewhere. :)   I remember the second time I took your Saturday morning class and you rotated the room and I was all of a sudden in the front of the room and I FROZE and I almost left, the door was right there I was SO scared. (you actually came over to the corner and stood right in front of me, I think you were trying to either help me or maybe just hide me haha), I was so shy and unconfident and unsure of myself and now I'm so much more sure of myself and so much more confident and I have self esteem. I think it's the first time I've felt GOOD about myself since I was discharged from the Army back in 2011 (it was a medical discharge, I had sciatica). Getting back in shape has been a huge milestone for me. It's crazy how that one area of your life can affect every other part of your life, it's like something was missing. It's been an adventurous beginning of a journey, that's for sure!! :) 

Sorry, I know you're very busy. Just wanted to share the good news and tell you thank you for kicking my butt so hard. It's been worth every bead of sweat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment