Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hannah's Latrine.

The last room we had to renovate in the house (yeah, right!) was Hannah's bathroom.  It also has to function as a guest bathroom, and I am not keen on making my home too "themed".  I would rather things just flow and work.  The bathroom wasn't bad, per se.  It just needed some serious attention.  Our initial plan was to retile, refinish, and replace fixtures.  Our real project ended up being repainting and redecorating.  Much more doable in a weekend and much more satisfying.  I can't wait for her to color the bathtub walls and make messes in it. :)

                                                                          
Before.  Ugly, ugly light.


We tore out the medicine cabinet since we didn't need to use it a lot (and we added additional storage to the room over the toilet).



New wall color, new light, new mirror, and fun prints from http://www.oopsydaisy.com (they retail on the site for much more, so I saved the images and printed them at a local store for just a few dollars and framed them in cheap frames)


Boring, standard tub tiles blended in with pale yellow walls.


Added fish for fun and a color to make things pop!


I can't figure out why these ceramic towel racks are standard.  They're expensive and not attractive. (at least in my opinion.)


Found these prints on Pinterest and they were selling for about $100 a PIECE!  I saved the images and printed them for about $1-2 a piece and bought cheap frames at Target to make the cute collage (and two others in the room, too)


The room was very washed out, bland, and lifeless.


Since we tore out the medicine cabinet, we needed to replace the storage.  This cabinet gave us what we needed and also gave me some room to put colorful towels for more color.


This muted shower curtain that didn't help the room at all. 


I got this curtain at Target for about 20 dollars.  The towels are also from there. They were $5 a piece, and the candle holder was left over from our wedding.  The accessories were also from Target, $4 a piece.

This is my favorite bathroom in the house. I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment